Skip to content
AIR COOLED UNITS
- Remove unit from factory crating, and inspect for any visual damage immediately upon removal. If any damage is present, inform Canada TT immediately with the VIN number of the affected unit.
- Prior to assembling unit, completely inspect all nuts, bolts and fasteners to ensure that all factory assembled parts are in fact correctly assembled and tightened to required specifications. Ensure loc-tite is used for all connections.
- Visually inspect all wiring and wiring connections to ensure all connections are secure and intact with no loose or disconnected wiring.
- Assemble all front end steering and suspension components using loc-tite and appropriate cotter pins.
- Assemble all rear end suspension as needed using loc-tite and appropriate cotter pins.
- Begin installation of tires and rims. When installing rims and tires on front end, ensure that the front wheel hub is completely seated onto the front brake drum and lined up accordingly. Once again ensure loc-tite is used on all connections. Take care that no lubricants or loc-tite come in contact with the interior of the front drum brake.
- On axles ensure that never seize lubricant is applied to provide lubrication and smooth operation for all moving axles.
- Assembly of front and rear racking should follow next, ensuring that racks are secured, loc-tite applied and no movement of the racks once installed.
- Assembly of the Handle Bars is critical for safety and therefore care and attention should be taken to ensure that handle bars are correctly lined up, using the provided risers, and hex nuts. Coat ends of hex nuts with loc-tite prior to assembly. Ensure all hex nuts are correctly tightened.
- Install battery once fully charged into battery tray ensuring that provided straps are used to secure the battery.
- Upon first start up of the machine, listen for any abnormal sounds or vibrations.
- Run machine to normal operating temperature and ensure idle is set so machine runs smoothly.
- Once unit has been run up to normal warm operating temperature, drain shipping oil from unit, and replace with recommended quality oil preferably synthetic oil. Air Cooled machines run much warmer than liquid cooled, and therefore quality oil will ensure the lowest possible operating temperature.
- Completely test run product to ensure safe and smooth operation of all features of the machine. Ensure that front end is properly aligned and wheels run in a true and straight manner. Alignment of the front end is very simple, and will ensure proper and safe steering for the machine.
LIQUID COOLED UNITS
- Follow the same instructions and guidelines as above for air cooled units.
- Major difference in assembly Process for a liquid cooled unit is ensuring that the cooling system is correctly inspected and operational on the unit.
- Drain all fluid from cooling system, as in most cases the fluid that comes in the machines is not adequate for operation.
- After draining all fluids, refill with appropriate quality coolant with approximately a 50% coolant, 50% water mixture.
- Run unit to operating temperature and check fan operation to ensure that thermostat is working correctly, and the machine cools correctly. Inspect all connections visibly to ensure correct coolant level, and ensuring that there are no visible signs of leakage.